Painting - Term 1 Week 1
The course dates are the October 12th & 13th, November 9th & 10th, December 7th & 8th.
On this course you will learn never to be stuck or bored with your work. These negative feelings come from knowing that the work you are doing tells you nothing that you do not already know about your subject or the possibilities of the language of paint. Holding back for fear of making a mess and having nothing to show for your time is a common problem. This monthly course provides support for experienced painters who work for periods of time alone in their own studios. You will need to bring your own subject, studies and ongoing work to each session. The tutor will provide positive input, exercises, guidance and lead discussions into what is happening during the creative process of painting.
Two uninterrupted days of painting allows you time to:
- Spend day one inventing new processes to extract, layer and construct images.
- Notice the qualities of the subject that perhaps you had overlooked
- Make the most of the space of the studio to play with materials and repeatedly improvise from small to large, suspended or flat, glued, stapled, folded or stretched, poured, brushed, scraped or polished.
- Become more daring and inventive with the way that you handle paint and the gesture of the mark. Spend day two bravely changing and developing your paintings.
- After two days, leave the studio equipped with new studies, more energy and focus, courage, confidence and conviction in your own decision making.
|Start Date||12-Oct-2015 9:30 am|
|End Date||13-Oct-2015 4:30 pm|